Frequently Asked Questions
How does the parking officer know I have an active parking session on ParkMate?
- As soon as you select start, our officers' monitoring devices are instantly sent your license plate details, what car park you are in and whether your parking session is active. It's not only more efficient, but being paperless you're helping us save the planet! Should you ever have any issues, please let us know and we can confirm your active parking session through our real-time Transaction Cloud.
What do I do if I receive an error message when registering my credit card?
- The most likely cause of this error is that you have already registered a credit card and have not used ParkMate recently.
- For security reasons, these accounts are registered as 'inactive' and we don't allow the cards to be charged.
- To reactivate, simply click on 'Update Credit/Debit Card' within the 'Options' menu of the App, or log in to your account and re-enter your credit card account details.
- ParkMate will acknowledge that you again are a valid user and allow the card to be registered.
Is the credit card system secure?
- Our secure credit card payment system operated by Advam. They are a Tier 1 payment processor which provide the most stringent industry accreditations including PCI compliance and EMV certification.
Is my login the same as my Book A Bay login?
- No, you'll need to create a new Login for ParkMate as it operates from a separate secure server designed specifically for smartphones and tablets.
How do I view my transaction history or get a GST invoice?
- To view your transactions within the app under the transactions menu tab at the bottom of your device screen, and select the transactions you wish to be sent via email in PDF format. Invoices are automatically sent once a transaction has been completed; however, this function can be turned off in the options menu. You can also click on the My Account link on the ParkMate front page or visit myaccount.parkmate.co.nz for your account details. Here you can view your transaction history, print invoices etc. You can use your ParkMate app login to access this information.
What happens if I accidentally exit ParkMate or my phone goes dead?
- ParkMate will keep your session active as it is cloud based. When you reopen the app, if you have an active session the timer screen will appear and your parking will still be active.
Can I use multiple vehicles with ParkMate?
- Yes. You can run multiple active sessions, and you can store multiple license plates as well as choosing which license plate is your default. You simply tap on the license plate in the Home, Confirmation or Options screens to change it.
Why am I not receiving the push notifications?
- Push notifications require the Application Manager's notification settings to be turned on. In Android, go to the Apps Icon, Settings, scroll down to Application Manager, select ParkMate, then ensure the Notifications box is checked. For iOS, tap Settings; tap Notifications, scroll down to ParkMate and select, then slide across Allow Notifications. Note - Push notifications are dependent on your network provider. If you are receiving data by WiFi, you will also need to ensure that the push notifications are not being stopped by a firewall.
What happens if ParkMate says I have an active session but the start screen is showing?
- This rarely occurs, but if it does, simply close ParkMate (through your phone's task manager) and restart and the Timer Screen will again show your active session. Restarting your device will also solve this issue.
Can I use ParkMate at barrier arm car parks?
- Currently you can only use ParkMate at Pay & Display sites - but watch this space!
Why can I not select a promo code?
- Promo codes are assigned to car parks or regions and in some cases it may be available to you but based on your current car park selection the code may not be available for that car park.
Why can I not add a promo code?
- There are several reasons this can occur. The promo code you are attempting to enter is not available to you, e.g. it is restricted to other users or you are entering the code incorrectly or the code has expired.
How long do expired promo codes appear in the list?
- A code will show in the expired section of promo codes for one month after expiry.
When is the promo code discount applied?
- The discount is applied at the time of payment, and will show within the receipt and on the Transaction tab, plus within the PDF invoice available.
How can I view the details of my promo code?
- Once a promo code has been added to your account, there are two views depending on the type of code. In most codes the View details will show the regions / car parks available or excluded, plus details as to the value of the discount allowed and when it will expire. Also, details will show how many purchases are required if the code as an example is buy 5 parking sessions to get one free.
Do promo codes expire?
- Yes, codes do have an expiry date to be used by. If you have not used the code or have not met some of the criteria prior to the expiry date and time then you will not receive the discount after the expiry date.
Can I add a promo code prior to it starting?
- Yes, a code can be added through the Options tab - Promotional Codes.
Can I delete a promo code?
- No, deletion is not available.
Does the promo code not default on the home screen?
- A promo code will default depending on various rules. If the code is a one-time use then no promo code will be populated in the selection box. You will need to tap the box to select or add a new code. The code previously selected will be removed from the selection if you change car parks. You will need to re tap and select the appropriate code to obtain the discount.
Can I change the promo code when a session has already started?
- Yes and no.
- Yes, you can if it is a casual Start Stop my parking session as the payment has not occurred. Tap the promo code selection bar on the timer which will open up the various codes you can use for that car park. Select the code and continue parking as normal and when the session has stopped the discount will be applied to your payment.
- No, for product or prepaid parking like Earlybird, Nights, All Day selections when the payment is taken up front. If the promo code is not entered prior to confirming the parking then the code cannot be added afterwards.
- Imagine never having to walk through the rain only to line up to then put coins or your credit card in a Pay & Display machine only to have to walk back through the rain again to put the display ticket on your dashboard. Then at the end of the day you find you must work late, so you have to walk all the back to the car (in the rain to repeat the process all over). Then, instead of staying for the two hours you just paid for, you end up staying only 20 minutes and have wasted your money. ParkMate allows you to pay for your parking on your Smartphone for as long as you want, and you only pay for what you use.
It sounds too good to be true. What is the catch?
- There is a catch. We want you to love our ParkMate app so much that it's the only way that you pay for your parking. So, when you go out for dinner or perhaps do a spot of shopping on the weekend, you use the App to find your nearest ParkMate site. And it really is that easy, you'll keep using it and will probably even show your friends and colleagues.